I write stuff. Sometimes. Not very often. Also: knitting and bunnies and books. Random tangents are likely.

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

WIP Wednesday - Ascots

Update on previous WIPs:
  1. Honey Cowl: just need to bind off and that baby is done.
  2. Karin Fingerless Mitts: about halfway on the second glove.
Current status: Craft Fair Mode

I'm in mega-crafting overdrive making things for a couple of craft fairs coming up to benefit rabbit rescue. I have a list of things to make, but my obsession this week is these crocheted ascots/scarflettes.



The yellow was my first attempt, and I decided that it was too long and the opening too wide. I remedied this on the second attempt (red), and it's much better.

I'm trying to use up some yarn in my stash, and didn't have enough of either of these colors for an entire ascot, so I striped them.


While pretty, the downside of that is now I have a massive amount of ends to weave in (which is not quite as annoying in crochet as it is in knitting, so I'm not overly bothered).


I think on the next striped version I'll crochet one row per color and carry the yarn up the side. I don't imagine it'll be terribly visible given the ruffle around the edge.

I'm having way too much fun making these. They're almost as addictive as pom-pom scarves. Almost.


No comments:

Post a Comment