I write stuff. Sometimes. Not very often. Also: knitting and bunnies and books. Random tangents are likely.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Resolutions 2011!

It's that time of year again. Given that I'm a very flawed and imperfect individual, my list of resolutions is long and weighty...

1. Get organized.
2. Be more disciplined.
3. Be more active and eat more healthfully.
4. Write everyday.
5. Write an original short story or essay about...something.
6. Participate in NaNoWriMo.
7. Stash bust!
8. Knit a pair of socks.
9. Read 30 books and write reviews on each of them.
10. Post to my blog at least once a week.

Pay particular attention to that last one, as I consistently seem to fail there. As for the others, not too shabby for day 2. I wrote a 100 word story yesterday and another today, and have done a blog post (that would be this one). And I went through the stacks of mail on the table by my door and threw out all the junk mail (so much prettier over in that corner now), and am making my to-do list for tomorrow before I go to bed tonight.

As for the knitting resolutions...the socks may have to wait until later this year, but the stash busting has begun! I just finished crocheting a scarf out of some ribbon yarn that's been in my stash for years, and am going to knit the second ball up into a drop stitch scarf, I think. I may add a couple more specific knitting resolutions in a few days. We have a resolutions knitting night coming up on Wednesday, so I have to figure out the specifics by then.

Need to get on the exercise and eating more healthfully thing. On the to-do list for tomorrow: am yoga. And I have a bit of time to prepare for the NaNoWriMo, since it isn't until November. That's nine months to create some character sketches and find some kind of plot. Hmmm...thoughts to think.

So, there you have it. I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment